How to run an effective awareness campaign? Regardless of the industry, your message whether rewarding or penalizing is to motivate your audience. The overarching goal of your communication strategy from achieving a social mission to other ends of the spectrum increasing investor’s wealth depends on your narrative.
From Prehistoric caveman to present day, we all need to connect, entertain or educate through storytelling. True, the means to disseminate stories have evolved and we have many options to connect with our audience, thanks to technology advances. However, the essential element of your story is to bind your vision to the expectations, emotions or aspirations of your listeners.
Here are 5 tactics to incorporate into your storytelling initiatives:
- Clearly define the problem, the resolution and recognize the style suitable to unify the audience’s mind. Whether you are gushing hope or change, meaningful and authoritative communication will mobilize support.
- Convey your story in a non-linear way to prevent passive consumption. By creating a coordinated multi-media narrative, you nudge your audience to share enthusiastically. Tying up your content across multiple platforms reinforces your message and the story takes a life of its own.
- Repetition is effective because that it sways attitudes and fuels engagement. Delivering key messages in different context and multiple times, granted, will be received, will become familiar and gain traction.
- Show people the roadmap or specify a timeline whether to prompt a one time action or spur a change in sentiment/preference.
- Create a conceivable image and allow the audience to experience and exceed their expectations instead of introducing a Utopia leading to disappointment.
- The manner you communicate your story is of the utmost importance. Creating a powerful narrative by producing a video, use of imagery combined with music amplifies key messages, persuades and makes it memorable to your consumers.