How to run an effective awareness campaign? Regardless of the industry, your message whether rewarding or penalizing is to motivate your audience. The overarching goal of your communication strategy from achieving a social mission to other end of the spectrum increasing investor’s wealth, depends on your narrative.
From Prehistoric caveman to present day, we all have the need to connect, entertain or educate through storytelling. True, the means to disseminate stories have evolved and we have many options to connect with our audience, thanks to technology advances. However, the important element of your story is to bind your vision to the expectations, emotions or aspirations of your listeners.
Here are 5 tactics to incorporate in your storytelling initiatives:
- Clearly define the problem, the resolution and recognize the style suitable to unify the audience’s mind. Whether you are gushing hope or change, meaningful and authoritative communication will mobilize support.
- Convey your story in a non-linear way to prevent passive consumption. By creating a coordinated multi-media narratives, you nudge your audience to enthusiastically share. Tying up your content across multiple platforms, reinforces your message and the story takes a life of it’s own.
- Repetition is effective due to the fact that it sways attitudes and fuels engagement. Delivering key messages in different context and multiple times, granted, will be received, will become familiar and gain traction.
- Show people the roadmap or specify a timeline whether to prompt a one time action or spur a change in sentiment/preference.
- Create a conceivable image and allow the audience to experience and exceed their expectations instead of introducing an Utopia leading to disappointment.
- The manner you communicate your story is of the utmost importance. Creating a powerful narrative by producing a video, use of imagery combined with music amplifies key messages, persuades and makes it memorable to your consumers.